Sunday, August 16, 2009

Part VIII- Vienna Waits For You

Arriving at the hospital, everyone makes a fuss.
They shout numbers and science words at each other, and say STAT a lot, but still it doesn't seem to be loud enough in here, it's too quiet.

Then I realise it's because there's no drama-enhancing mood music.

Because this is real, this isn't hollywood.
Although maybe it will become so, I hear someone say that the vultures have already pounced.
But I don't care.
They check me out and ask me if I know where I am, what my name is.

I tell them that I'm in a hospital, having a fuss made over me and didn't they know where they are and the paramedics have already done this, and can I go home yet?

Oh, and my name, seeing as they look at me funny when i leave that detail out.
And no I can't they say.
They say I need surgery, well, one of them does.

The others are all a little preoccupied with shouting at each other and shoving things in my arms.

'We're going to take you into surgery now, you'll wake in recovery'.

Recovery?
Hopefully they know more about medicine than humour.

Mask over my face.

Wait, a what over my face!!
no! no no no no no!!!
AIR!!I NEED AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED.....air............air........


I'm so sick of the world spinning, I'm almost getting used to it.

It's gonna be weird when it stops.

If it stops.

'The world is always spinning child, didn't you know that?'

Right, of course, how silly of me.

'Except when its not' said the wise old oyster.

Yes, of course.I mean, what? Oyster?

No comments:

Post a Comment