Saturday, October 10, 2009

Part XIV- I Deserve Nothing More Than I Get

When the pain in my head woke me up, it was dark.

Well, hospital dark.

Machines glow, light seeps in through the door.

It's as if the intense bright-whiteness of the place permeates absolutely everything in it.

Sitting up, the pain in my stomach reminds me that I'm an idiot for trying and fall straight back down to where my mother left me.

I can't decide if I want her to be here or not...



After a few minutes I remember about the magic button thingy, find it and coax it into sitting me up and turning the light on.

For reasons I can't see, my nose turns my head to my left, to the table under the window.

For reasons my mind can't grasp, my eyes see the trail that only you could have left behind.

A single yellow Gerbera, an orange iPod and a piece of purple paper covered in your delicate marks.


'Music to keep you sane, Solitaire to while away the hours in blissful ignorance, photos to remind you that past happiness was real and colour just cos.

With love and jasmine,
Linny'


Strange how different we are. Complimentary I guess, fitting opposites.

You are the sparkles in Beauty and the Beast. You dance around everywhere and turn things back to the way they should be, back to their beauty.

I am a hurricane.

You are glitter, getting into everything and making it better just for being there.

I am a thunderstorm.

You are jasmine flowers, taking over a whole garden with flowers and fragrance, quietly catching the eye of all who walk by.

I am thistles.


But you, in all your incredibleness, would say different.
And mean it, because somehow you see different.

I don't.
I am stubborn.

I am too much like her...

And you are like her, that reminds me...

no it doesn't

doesn't what?

remind you

doesn't remind me of what?

nothing, that's the point.
there's nothing for you to be reminded of.

Oh, right. of course.

but...

BUT NOTHING

...of course

1 comment:

  1. hehe i likes. i think i might have worked something out.......... but i is not telling you what. i want to wait and see....

    ReplyDelete